You say to yourself "I want to lose 10 lbs." Okay, cool, so how are you going to do it? "Coffee for breakfast, skip lunch, and have a salad for dinner" No no no. As exagerated as it may seem, people actually do this to try to lose weight without knowing they are doing more harm than good.
Here are a few tips you can live by to help you be at your ideal weight and be good to your body.
In the kitchen
- Drink water before eating. This will fill you up so you tend to eat less.
- Eat 5 small meals throughout the day. You will never be hungry and your will help speed up your metabolism
- Keep track of serving sizes. Remember proper portion sizes
- Take your time. Eat slowly, enjoy your food, and you won't be tempted to go for seconds.
- Minimize sugar and alcohol. We all know sugar is bad but did you know alcohol turns into sugar when it gets into your body?
- Never skip breakfast. Breakfast gives you energy to start the day and also jump starts your metabolism. By not having a decent breakfast, your starving yourself and your body will begin to store fat.
- Drink plenty of water. Water will flush your body and keeps your insides clean and your outsides hydrated.
- Reduce salt intake. Too much salt causes bloating and raises blood pressure, in moderation salt is okay but too much of it can be bad.
- Eat an assortment fruits and veggies daily. Every fruit and vegetable has its advantages. By eating an assortment, your giving your body a variety of necessary vitamins and minerals that it needs.
- Cut soda completely. I could write you an essay on why soda is bad, but for right now I'll just say... soda is your bodies enemy.
- Don't starve yourself. Again, starving yourself may help you lose weight short term but in the long run, it will have an adverse effect. You will gain double the weight back and make it harder for you to lose weight later on.
- Have five servings of fruits and veggies. That means that each meal in the day should have at least one serving of fruits or vegetables in it.
- Make small lifestyle changes. Park your car at the end of the lot, take the stairs, go outside for a walk, little changes can make a difference.
- Do cardio. Cardio is the most effective method of reducing fat, it also boosts your energy, and helps you sleep better at night.
- Keep good posture. Good posture not only makes you look confident and sexy, its also a workout on your core and increases your bodies core strength.
- Sleep. People who don't get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night have a tendency to be overweight. Sleep is a way for your body to take a break recuperate energy.
- Don't weigh yourself. The numbers on the scale mean nothing. Its about how you feel and how you see yourself in the mirror.
- Keep Calm. Did you know stress causes weight gain? Stay calm and avoid being stressed.
- Stretch. Stretching is another helpful way to avoid stressing out and its keeps your body warm and flexible. Overtime, stretching can even improve posture and make you look longer and leaner.
- Sleep! If you don't sleep, your tired and stressed. Give your body a break. You need to sleep!
- Stay Inspired. Don't let anyone or anything make you lose sight of your goals. This is for you and you deserve to be happy.